Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

difficultly to understand certain words

November 18, 2011 04:13PM
I plan to buy Tazti for my Mom who is nearly blind, so she can listen to her preferred audio books, music or podcasts or call a friend on her PC with a simple voice command.

I looked at the built in speech recognition capability of Windows 7 and Dragon, but both are overly complex, as the PC just needs to understand some basic commands and reliably launch the desired MP3 file or PC command.

And since my Mom has a slight accent neither program was good at understanding her. I've had some success with Tazti however some commands like 'close' (to close active window) somehow has a poor recognition rate. In the current version there is no way to train the PC to better understand 'close' (with an accent), or to use another substitute like 'shut window' and I have not looked at the API option yet.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

PS I did find a way for skype CALLTO to work via a simple command file shown below (for win7 I had to put it in the program-file7skype/phone directory), where +41 is the country code, 22 is the area code and xxx xxxx is the number.
Skype.exe /callto:+4122xxxxxxx?
Subject Author Views Posted

difficultly to understand certain words

zzz2b2 2618 November 18, 2011 04:13PM

Re: difficultly to understand certain words

admin 1571 November 19, 2011 01:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login