Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A way to open folders, too!

August 05, 2010 03:53PM
until such time as the release of the new product (which I hope allows unlimited custom commands instead of this 35 only business) try using the following:

1. create a text document any place.

2. cut/paste the following (this is to open "My Documents" ):
'***************************************************
' File:    Shell.vbs (WSH sample in VBScript) 
' Author:  (c) Matthew Mansfield 2010
' E-Mail: matthew.l.mansfield@gmail.com
' Goal: To open my documents
'***************************************************
Option Explicit

Dim Shell, wsh, Title, path

Title = "sample - by Matthew Mansfield"

' Create WshShell object.
Set wsh = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell" ) 'no space between the " and the ) this forum is thinking that's a face for some reason

' Windows directory
path = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("C:\Users\Matthew Mansfield\Documents" ) 'no space between the " and the ) this forum is thinking that's a face for some reason

' Create Windows shell Application object.
Set Shell = WScript.CreateObject ("Shell.Application" ) 'no space between the " and the ) this forum is thinking that's a face for some reason

' This runs Explorer with the folder tree rooted at the path specified
' (same as wsh.Run "explorer.exe /e,/root," & path).
Shell.Explore path

'*** End

3. save the document, but change the file extension to .vbs
4. click yes to confirm this action.
5. going back to tazti; enter your custom command such as, "computer open my documents"
6. reference this .vbs document as a program to run and it will open your "my documents" folder

If you wish to open another location simply change out the "C:\Users\Matthew Mansfield\Documents" for whatever folder location you wish to open.

Just a thought! It has worked for me to open many different folder(s) and locations. It's cool if you write your own .vbs documents because you can attach audio as well. So you ask your computer to open "my documents" and your computer can respond with an acknowledgment .wav or .mp3 clip (without opening wmp or some other sort of media player - b/c it does all of that in the background). It really adds a cool feel to your computer when you ask it things and it responds by opening things and thanking you or responding with any audio really!!

If you have any more questions feel free to drop me a message.

Your Geek~
Subject Author Views Posted

A way to open folders, too!

sonicstratos 2940 July 15, 2010 05:14AM

admin 2053 July 17, 2010 12:07AM

gr8_big_geek 6427 August 05, 2010 03:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login