March 30, 2011 10:25PM
Hi Vamp,

For tazti to work with as many games as it does, it has to be flexible. Occasionally you have to tweak a profile a little to make it work with a certain game. One example is with Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto (GTA San Andreas, GTA Liberty City etc.) For these games, creating a single key or key combination with a duration of 'instant' won't work - you have to set the duration to 1/4 second and then the game responds properly to your voice. I think the same may be true of Aion, which we have not yet tested with tazti - if you can get a single key speech command to work you should also be able to get a combination key speech command to work also.

I have several thoughts and recommendations:

1) It seems like the problem is specific to using a number key with shift or ctrl - in fact I think it is somehow related to the number keys and not the shift or ctrl keys or the combination thereof. To test this can you try creating a keyboard combination for Aion that does *not* involve a number - something like shift+z (switch weapon) or shift+f12 (hide/display other players), and see if these commands work?

2) Can you look at the status of your num lock key next time you play Aion with tazti and have the problem? Try toggling the num key (press the num lock key once) and then try the same command and see if it works. For certain games it is necessary that that the num lock key be on or off (it varies) for num key combinations like this to work.

3) It is possible that it may be a timing issue. The first thing to try is (as I mentioned above) to set the duration to 1/4 for the combination as a test to see if this works. If this doesn't work, set the duration to 1/2 second and try that.

Note: This setting controls for how long the key combination is held down.

4) If changing the duration of the key combination does not solve the problem, there is another way to tweak the timing. Click the 'Troubleshoot' which is to the right of the 'Delete' button on the screen for that speech command. On the the screen that pops up change the Time setting from instantaneous to 1/4 second and see if this works. If not, try the 1/2 second setting.

Note: This setting controls the delay between the pressing of each key in the combination - for example, setting 1/4 on the troubleshoot screen for the key combinatin Ctrl+Shift+X places a quarter second delay between pressing Ctrl and pressing Shift and another 1/4 second delay between pressing Shift and pressing the X key. If you change this setting you must make sure the that duration of the key press (on the Add/Edit/Delete screen) is at least as long as the sum of the times between each keypress in the combination - so for Shift+Ctrl+X set for 1/4 second *delay*, the *duration* of the combination on the Add/Edit/Delete screen must be at least 1/2 second (1/4 second + 1/4 second). This can be a little tricky, let me know if you have any questions about this.

So try these four recommendations and please let me know which if any of them solve your problem, so that I can make a note of the solution for future reference. If your problem is not resolved I will install Aion and see if I can duplicate the issue.

team tazti
Subject Author Views Posted

There is no way to make this combo instant?

vampdiesel 2861 March 29, 2011 06:03PM

Re: There is no way to make this combo instant?

admin 2312 March 30, 2011 12:37AM

vampdiesel 1887 March 30, 2011 07:25AM

admin 3041 March 30, 2011 10:25PM

admin 2203 March 31, 2011 09:48PM

vampdiesel 1868 March 30, 2011 07:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login