Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Combining Tazti and AutoHotKey (Dictation)

September 06, 2010 06:47PM
For those of you not familiar with the program, AutoHotKey is a macro creator for windows. It allows you to a limitless amount of customization to your keyboard, mouse, joystick, and WAY beyond. I have had a lot of fun recently combining AutoHotKey with Tazti. For instance, write a hotkey that will run and close upon completion. Then, create a custom command in Tazti that points to the script as a program. Works very well.

It can also be used (on an extremely limited basis), for custom dictation. You can write a script that will send key strokes (such as your name). And then create a custom command in Tazti that points to the script. Now, whenever you say "name", the keyboard will type your name into the program you have open. Very cool stuff.

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing improvement on the custom command features. I would love to be able to import/export custom commands for use on multiple computers. Also, I would love to be able to turn off the default commands. I simply don't need the get movie command, and it would be nice to turn those off.

Tazti is a pretty slick piece of freeware, though. I'm interested to see where the programmers take the product.

{say name} josiah
Subject Author Views Posted

Combining Tazti and AutoHotKey (Dictation)

josiah 3940 September 06, 2010 06:47PM

Re: Combining Tazti and AutoHotKey (Dictation)

admin 2371 December 15, 2010 11:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login