September 24, 2010 02:58PM
I don't know about everybody else, but i'm loving the new Tazti 2.0, specially the new API feature.
At first i didn't really know what to do with it, but when i finally found out how it works i suddenly became very happy.
Now i can not only tell my computer that i want to listen to some music, but i can tell it exactly what album i want to listen to and it will play it for me.
This is how i did it.
Basicly the API function gives you the ability to start a program or website with certain parameters.
Now even though most programs now run under windows, they still do take command line parameters when starting the program.
Also media players like WinAmp, Windows Media Player and VLC mediaplayer.
For this example i'll be using VLC mediaplayer.

Under the API tab in Tazti select Add API

In Step 1 give your API profile a name and a discription of what the profile is used for.

In Step 2 enter what Speech command you want to use to trigger your profile, i entered Play music here.

Now Step 3 is sort of a critical step in how you want to use the rest.
If you have your music scattered all over the place you just want to select Run a program here and than click on Select A Program and follow the path to the executable files starten VLC mediaplayer.
In my case that would be: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

Now if you're like me and have all you music albums needly ordened in diffent folders it get's a little tricky here, but it will save you SOOOOOOOOO much time later when you actually enter all the albums you want to be able to play.
(i got to 155 albums/folders and they all work perfectly.)
In my case all my albums are located in: Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\
That means that in step 3 i want to select Run a program and enter:
C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe "Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\@@@"
(the @@@ will be explained in step 4.)

In Step 4 if you went for the first option in step 3 you want to select It will add it to the end of a program or URL here.

But if you went for option 2 at step 3 you want to select It will replace a dummy string in the program's path or URL.
Now this is where the @@@ comes in. This is also what you enter as Dummy string that will be replaced so just type @@@ there.

Now when you start adding the API Profile option speech command later you only have to enter the foldername a certain album is under.

In Step 5 you want to select Like Voice Search - trigger the API, pass it a parameter than tazti stops listening for the API. If you don't tazti will keep listening for the options you entered in your API profile.

Now the API profile is created you want to start adding the albums/folders you want to be able to play.
Open your API profile by double clicking on it and select New Speech Command

Speech Command: enter the speech command you want to use to trigger a certain album for example: 3 Doors Down Away From The Sun

Describe what the API does: (in this example)It plays the album Away from the sun by 3 doors down

Enter the parameter value will be passed on to the:
Now this is where you get the advantage if you went for option 2 in Steps 3 and 4, because if you didn't now you will have to enter the entire path to each folder you want to be able to play. In this example that would be:
"Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun"

If you went for option 2 at Steps 3 and 4, all you have to do is enter the exact foldername of the album you are entering.
In my example i would only have to enter 3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun now and you can simply copy and paste the foldername from you windows explorer.

In fact what i did for all three of these sections is copy and paste from windows explorer and all i had to do is delete the "-" from the Speech Command section.
2 things you have to look out for is: 1. what you enter at the speech command section is exactly what you are going to say to trigger your album. So you might not want to just copy and paste the foldername here, because tazti will be listening for caracters like "-".
2. What you fill in at the Enter the parameter value... section will have to be exactly the foldername you want to play your music from.

So this is pretty much how i set up Tazti to play my music albums. Now i look back at what i just typed it looks like a lot of text, so i hope it is clear to everone that reads it, if it's not and you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

A few more things, what i wrote above does not only go for folders, you can just as well set this all up to play per song or you can make your own playlist and have it play that on command.

Now in the examples that i used above i used a command line option on VLC Mediaplayer to play the album Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down and the full commandline would be:

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe "Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun"

Don't forget the " caracters at the beginning and end of the parameter, VLC will not recognize the command otherwise. It will start the program but it will not play your albums, it will however give a couple of errors.

The same goes for WinAmp, use:

C:\Program Files\Winamp\WinAmp.exe "Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun"

Now WinAmp won't give errors if you do this wrong, i simply will not play the album but instead show the caracters you typed as song names and stay very quiet.

Now for Windows Media Player, i coudn't get it to play folders.
It can play specific songs in the same way as described above, with the addition of a song name, so for example:

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player>wmplayer "Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun\01 - 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone.mp3"

Or a playlist file, which would have to be called on like this:

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player>wmplayer "Y:\Muziek\CD Albums\3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun\Playlist.pls"

Well this is pretty much it for now, i hope it's usefull to at least 1 person smiling smiley
I'm also very curiouse to what other people have done with the new Tazti sofar, so i'll be looking out for your posts.
I also got Tazti to go together with Skype and call a certain person or number, if anybody is interrested i'll be happy to tell how i did that, just let me know.

And also for who is interested, i uploaded some Gaming Profiles to control VLC Mediaplayer or Windows Media Player 11, have a look and tell me what you think.

With kind regards,
Machrias
Subject Author Views Posted

Playing music with Tazti 2.0

Machrias 5249 September 24, 2010 02:58PM

Re: Playing music with Tazti 2.0

AlexanderT97 2036 October 16, 2010 05:20AM

Machrias 4002 October 17, 2010 05:12AM

AlexanderT97 2070 October 19, 2010 11:41AM

Gloriaevans 1729 September 27, 2011 01:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login